27 January 2022Happy new year! With a new academic year upon us here is a very incomplete list of a few key papers the NEWTS group was involved with last year. Looking forward to more fun projects in 2022! If you want to work with us on topics related to these or similar ideas, please get in touch.
- V1298 Tau with TESS: Updated Ephemerides, Radii, and Period Constraints from a Second Transit of V1298 Tau e by Feinstein, David, Montet et al.
- C/2014 UN271 (Bernardinelli-Bernstein): The Nearly Spherical Cow of Comets by Bernardinelli, Bernstein, Montet et al.
- A Search for Transits among the Delta Scuti Variables in Kepler by Hey, Montet et al.
- Evidence for Centrifugal Breakout around the Young M Dwarf TIC 234284556 by Palumbo, Montet, Feinstein et al.
- H-alpha and Ca II Infrared Triplet Variations During a Transit of the 23 Myr Planet V1298 Tau c by Feinstein, Montet et al.
- The unpopular Package: a Data-driven Approach to De-trend TESS Full Frame Image Light Curves by Hattori, Foreman-Mackey, Hogg, Montet et al.
Congrats to all lead authors on their efforts!
15 July 2021Group member Elsa Palumbo (Caltech '23) has submitted her first first-author paper, "Evidence for Centrifugal Breakout around the Young M Dwarf TIC 234284556." You can read the manuscript on the arXiv at this link and you can read her summary of the article here. Congrats, Elsa!
13 January 2021
We have a group website! This is where we'll post the latest about new papers, major milestones for group members, and other events worth reporting.
This space will also feature guest posts from different members of the group highlighting both the day-to-day life and lived experiences of group members. Watch this space!